My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday 12th April

Managed to get a meeting with Candido today and we covered many things. Most importantly though (because it covers everything) is the agreement for this years budget. Negotiations between PA and our P.P. colleagues are at a very delicate stage and whilst I know the position regarding these I cannot, as you will understand, divulge the detail yet. We are hopeful that agreement can be reached by next week and plans can then move forward regarding the things budgeted for. As soon as we have agreement I will let you know the result.

Regarding the problems with the WiFi Candido has had a couple of meetings with the WiFi engineer and he is to respond next week as to whether he will undertake the repair/maintenance of our system. I and he, hope he accepts and we can get the things sorted once and for all. I showed him the detail of the 3 other companies that have been touting for business around the areas most affected by the loss of signal. So he knows what the situation is.

I reported through Candido to Paco about the broken manhole cover in Jardines del Almanzora. I also asked what had happened to the 'tidy up' work at the back of Calle Sierra de Hornachuelo in La Alfoquia. He told me that it was still ongoing, albeit slowly, and that by June the area works of cleaning and tidying should be complete.

I gave him the quotes I had obtained for the cases in which to erect our street plans for the various areas and he agreed to obtain similar quotes from Spanish companies to see we were getting best value and of course to include in our budget! We will try and do this next week. I had managed to get permission from various land owners to be able to erect these as and when they are made.

I asked when the trees and lights would be sorted on Avenida Europa and he informed me that would undertaken soon.

I informed Candido that following I meeting I attended of NHW in Torrevieja last Wednesday I was aware that areas of the Costas had involved NHW coordinators in part of the emergency planning protocols and that I thought we should do something similar for Zurgena. The main reason for having done this in Torrevieja was for earthquake planning but it could easily be used to cover floods or any major disaster. he agreed and I agreed to obtain a copy of any planning documents from them.

I asked a number of other questions regarding issues raised by various individuals and weher these are of a specific nature I have responded directly by email to those persons.

Finally I asked Manolo (TH Secretary) of he had managed to discover the law regarding the keeping of pigs on private land. He informed me that they can, if they register with the Consejeria de Agricultura in Huercal Overa, and the keeping of them if for private consumption, keep up to 5 pigs. That is the law.

I am keeping pressure up to get things moving as quickly as possible regarding the repair/replacement of the sewerage works at Cuesta de los Pinos but this obviously forms part of the budget negotiations.



No comments:

Post a Comment