My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Few Updates

Managed to get a few minutes with Kiko and Candido this morning.

1. I raised the issue regarding the construction vehicles accessing the area behind the pool bar and causing disturbance and potential danger. Candido did not know what they were doing. He said they were doing cabling work a few weeks ago but he was unsure what they wee doing now. I told him that I had received half a dozen complaints regarding these heavy lorries going through the developement and could they not access the site through Barrio de Chicago. He promised to look into it this afternoon. I will chase it up tomorrow.

2. I had received a call from a resident of Llanos del Peral regarding a court case No 637/20078 which the caller stated had been lost by the Town Hall and they were worried about the outcome. I asked Candido and he told me that to his knowledge there had been no cases since about 6 weeks ago when in the Penal Court two cases against New Horizons had been won by the Town Hall and the next Court case he knew about was in regard to some houses on Cuesta de los Pinos but that was not due to be held until November. He did say he would make sure that this was the case by ringing the solicitors and quoting this number.

3. I asked if the project for the bowling green was still going to go ahead with our lack of funds. He said that it probably would but due to the outcome of the last election we need to have a meeting of all the ruling councillors, probably in September, to agree what we are to use our €360,000 for the 2012/13 year. I reminded them that this project was probably the most likely to lead to a return on our investment and he agreed, as did Kiko. So I think it will happen just taking a bit longer due to the last election.

4. I again asked about the street signs for Palaces. He immediately rang Paco who agreed to put the no entry signs up tomorrow but he could not find the no parking sign! I asked if he could try and sort that out.

5. Enriques' application for the road closure for the mini fiesta by the pool bat is being granted.

Does anyone know the identity of the people who used to, until recently, ran the restaurant at Sabor. If you can email me their contact details or ask them to drop me an email.

Lastly the usual list of people who need to confirm to the TH that they should remain on the Padron. I have contacted, all I was able to by telephone, however, the below persons could not be reached

Daniela Cenuse, Emerald Cloda Davis, Michael O'Connor, Mark Anthony Seaborne, Michael Coulson, Marie LOuise DeBock, Denis James & Pauline Ann Dickinson, Julian Charles & Alison Estelle Earl, Wendy Maureen Evans, Malcolm Neil Gilbert, Trevor & Linda Maguire, Adam Daniel & Shaun Richard Shaw, Carl Van & Jenny Louise Rock, John Peter Drake, John Stirling & Mary Richardson, Sharon Von Asma, Bernard Robert Carroll, John Vincent and Mary Louise Donnelly, Margaret Diane Faulconer, Ian Meg and Aaron Hamer, Matthew Harris, Jill Morris, Diane Marie Robinson, Angela Seguss, Paul Raymond Tebbs,  Joseph and Alexandra Vincent.

As usual if you know of any of these persons please ask them to pop into the Town Hall when they are next passing and tell Juan Jo that they should still be on the padron. They only need to take NIE or passport. This is the regular check carried out on randomly generated names from the padron to ensure the TH is not getting money for people who are no longer on the padron.

No comments:

Post a Comment