My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Last Pleno for PA

Well that was sad. We held the last Pleno of the previous administration this morning, which basically was to sign off the minutes of the previous 3 pleno meetings. This just involved the secretary, Isa, reading out the wording from the minutes and the meeting approving them.

At the conclusion Candido, quite emotionally, gave his thanks to the councillors who would no longer now be a part of the Town Council. That was Manolo, who had agreed to stand down this time, Franscico, who we did not get enough votes to keep on, and who obviously loses his job, and Jose who, likewise, we did not get enough votes to keep on the council.

Candido thanked them all for their contribution to the villages' developement and, as he did so, I swear there was a tear in his eye. I kind of felt a bit guilty as I thought I should have maybe been more aggressive in the election campaign but I always felt that negative politics was not something I wanted to be a part of and also, I believed that people would see the benefits that PA had brought to the village. However, obviously the electorate wanted a new administration and that is what will be formed at the Pleno on Saturday and it will be PSOE and PP who will be controlling the council from then on.

I have to speak with Candido about how it will be best for me to serve the expat community when not in a position to influence decisions etc. I was going to speak with him after todays Pleno but given how he and everyone else felt I decided to leave it until later.

No comments:

Post a Comment