My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Friday, April 21, 2023

A Great Get Together

 Many of you will remember our food get together, of years gone by, when local ladies demonstrated and let us enjoy their traditional dishes. Due to Covid these were stopped but we have organised another similar event.

It is to be held in the Renfe Building at 1200 hours on Saturday 29th April.

You will have the opportunity to taste local dishes prepared by chef Cesar Perez but there is a price to pay! We are asking that all attendees bring along an example of a dessert dish from their home land. This will ensure you get to taste a variety of flavours from different parts of Europe. 

I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed these events in the past as, not only does it teach us about our area and it’s culinary history but it is a wonderful way to share food. I must also admit that I did take an occasional bottle of wine along and not yet sure whether any drink will be provided! 

So if you fancy going please give Paco a call on 610 194 264. He doesn’t speak much English so if you can manage a bit of basic Spanish and say,” Quiero asistir a la reunion en la Renfe el veintinueve de April. Mi nombre es …. y habra … (number) de nosotros.” He should manage but any problems or if you don’t fancy trying your Spanish then drop me an email message to jimszurgena@gmail.com and I will inform him. 

Have fun

No comments:

Post a Comment