My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Monday, November 28, 2022

Walking on Roads

Just heard of a incident which I felt I had to bring to your attention!

Two ex pats were walking along a main road in our municipality at 0930 one recent morning when the Guardia Civil stopped them and fined them €200 each for not wearing a fluorescent or high visibility jacket. 

It is apparently a law (which I was totally unaware of) which we would have thought warranted advice and not such a huge fine. We will make our feelings known to the G.C. but doubt they will rescind the fine.

I have attached a copy of the fine notice as some people were disbelieving of the incident. I have not yet heard back from the Guardia Civil but hope to tomorrow. I have hidden the recipients identity best I can. Sorry about the quality! Whilst it starts by referring to a driver it then shows that it includes a pedestrian. I was unsure when I first read it but I am assured that it does apply to pedestrians on main roads where there is no pavement.




No comments:

Post a Comment