My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Saturday, December 7, 2019

Railway Association Launch


Thanks to all who attended todays event in the theatre. Firstly I must apologise for our lack of a projection screen. I had been informed we would have one but in the event we did not.
At one point we had over 50 people in the theatre but unfortunately some had to leave prior to the conclusion. 
We learnt much about the history and importance of the railway in Zurgena and we saw many photos from the late 1800´s early 1900s. I and your committee are indebted to Juan Grima Cervantes and Max Kite for sharing their knowledge and pictures with us and I hope they can help us going forward.
Roughly 30 of the audience adjourned to Angustias Bar for a drink and a tapa where further discussions took place.
One immediate action from the meeting was the urgent need to record video interviews of the surviving railway workers which we will organise asap.
I will attach photographs of today when received.
I received a number of appreciative emails from attendees for which I and the Railway Association committee are grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment