My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Friday, March 10, 2017

Charity

A few days ago Ruth from the Sleepcentre in Albox made contact with me and we discussed the issue of recycling beds.

Ruth informed me that many times they take what are very good condition beds to the tip when she felt there must be some way to donate to those in need of a bed. She did ensure that all beds donated were agreed to with the customer.

A quick conversation between myself and social services soon made us realise that there is a need from many families for beds.

Today we made the first delivery of a double bed and mattress and a single bed and mattress to a family who were absolutely delighted to receive them.

It strikes me that the British community in Zurgena and the wider valley are playing a great role in supporting local charities with money and books to the schools (from local bars), food to the needy (from the church in Los Llanos), computers to the schools (from David Shear Albox Computer Club) Harmony with local charities and many others. (I am bound to have missed someone off).

It is really heartwarming to see how by such actions we improve our integration into the society we have adopted. These acts are very much appreciated I can assure you.

It is often I who get the thanks, which is very unfair, as I am only acting as the contact point for all your generous acts. So may I take this opportunity to thank all of you who contribute to all the above charitable acts on behalf of the people who receive or benefit from them.











No comments:

Post a Comment