My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Hospitalisation

Just an update on my recent hiccup!

One week ago I tested positive for Chronic Heart Disease and was urgently admitted to Hospital in Huercal Overa. The Spanish Health service has been fantastic and very efficient (less than a week from diagnosis to angiogram and treatment!). 

I did not make everyone aware of the diagnosis (I only informed the Town Hall, family and a few close friends) but, despite this, word seems to have got around!

I have to express my, and Sue's, heartfelt thanks and appreciation to good friends, colleagues and family for their emotional and physical support. 


Without the amazing help of these people it would have proved very difficult for us. My colleagues in the Town Hall, neighbours and good friends have all rallied round to help and the loving messages of support from family and friends has made me appreciate what a wonderful group of people are in my life.

Special thanks to Lyn and Mike Yendell for for making themselves available 24x7. 
I will return to work next Monday.

Thanks again all.

No comments:

Post a Comment