My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Thursday, February 5, 2015

P.A. Meeting

I was called to a meeting last night with a couple of senior members of the Partido Andalucista (P.P.) from Almeria in relation to reestablishing an effective party within Zurgena.

As many of you know within Spain there are currently 2 main political parties Partido Popular and P.S.O.E. respectively the right and left of the political spectrum. As you are probably also aware, if you have been reading this blog for the past 8 years, I was asked by P.A. (a middle way and one which has always fought strongly for local issues within Andalucia) to stand in the elections in 2007 as a representative of the expat community (and by the way the only party to openly involve our community in local politics over the past 10 years!).

The reason the meeting was convened was to formalise the standing of the party within Zurgena and organise a committee to manage that. For some reason (not quite sure how) I have ended up on that committee! Not only that, but, as a member of this committee, I needed to fully join the party and therefore sign a direct debit for my monthly subscription to the party. So now, not only do I not get paid anything, I have to pay for the privilege, but it is only €5 every 2 months!

The meeting was over after 2 hours and we will now prepare compiling our list of persons who we will present to fight the next election in May. If, as I mentioned in an earlier post, anyone is willing to get involved please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment