My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Busy Busy

I had a few appointments at my surgery this morning and following these I grabbed a few minutes with Candido.

Firstly I handed copies in Spanish of all the totals for the survey and the resumes of the contents. Whilst we were going through these and I explained the points he mentioned a number of the points which are already in progress eg the green routes as there is a National pathway being agreed which Zurgena is a part of and will be inaugurating on the 1st May. This will link up with other pathways which various local municipalities are opening between 3rd April and 5th June. Further notice will be given about this nearer the time.

He also added that after we had talked he wanted me to accompany himself and a contractor to look at the possible sites for a mini golf site between Cucador and Llanos del Peral. This was an item in has last manifesto. He wanted it in another location from the two main centres as it was felt this was only fair.

I am also aware that he had the contractors who are to build the bowling green out yesterday but he gave me insufficient time to organise a local expert to attend. He did however manage to get someone from La Alfoquia who professed to be knowledgable about such matters.

I asked about what the situation was regarding the Secretary ( I had been informed that he was now off sick and likely to be for some time). Candido said that he had asked Isa to stand in again but that she was reluctant however, he was optimistic he could persuade her later today to do so. I certainly hope so as we need an official secretary to arrange some meetings etc.

We left the Town Hall and as we did so I drove but continued to ask questions on route but these were particular questions raised from my appointments earlier in the morning. We looked at 3 sites for the mini golf, all on Cuesta de los Pinos. The decision we reached was that the best place would be to the west of the bar restaurant as this was away from houses but still overlooked by the bar. The land was not Anthonios which was a small problem but Candido spoke to the owner and it seems he is agreeable to letting us have the land (only about 2,000sq ms) for nothing.

I have to meet in the Town Hall with Mike Foulkes and Candido again in the morning as we have to start work on planning for the elections. I will post the survey results when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment