My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Thursday, September 26, 2013

A Promising Start

Luis Dias Garcia, the new Mayor sent me an message last night requesting that I meet with him in the Town Hall today at 4.0pm which I did.

He is certainly keen to get moving. He explained that I should fully understand that this council is now an amalgamation of 8 councillors who wish to work for the benefit of Zurgena without recourse to party politics etc. I said I supported him in that.

He then asked me to list what I wanted by way of finance or equipment and I explained that I needed nothing but I could do with a key to the T.H. and the alarm code which had been changed since I last had access. He said he would sort that out.

He then asked me what the ex pat community wanted, other than the PGOU, which he fully understands is the reason he was elected. I then, tentatively at first but then more openly as I realised he wanted all my outstanding issues. So I gave him them all! It is not worth listing them all on here as they have been covered many times before but suffice it to say he has, from the expat community a lengthy list of things we would like.

He explained that he wanted to see progress in all areas of TH responsibility and I could see that he has his hands very full. The only issue is one of timeliness, as always in Spain, but as a first indicator of his application to the job it was good start.

A promising start.

No comments:

Post a Comment