My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

My email jiminysimpson@gmail.com

Friday, October 7, 2011

Post Office, Boxes and Promar Houses (Water)

Firstly the Post Office is moving AGAIN! I spent some time with Jose today from the Correos and he told me that they were moving the Post Office again. I asked why it happens so often and basically he explained that historically the Post Office in small villages was a room in the Postmans home. As the post person for Zurgena is not resident in the village (she is from Taberno) therefore it is necessary for the post person to rent a room for this purpose. After negotiations with the Town Hall (due to the rent on the existing place going up) they are moving to the old Town Hall up the hill near the doctors surgery in the village.

The manufacture of the post boxes for Los Llanos, Los Menchones and the additional box for Cuesta de los Pinos is progressing and should be completed the week after next. We have agreed locations for the casetas which hopefully will satisfy people. I will be communicating exact address details once the casetas are ready.

I also attended a meeting, which Sampo (councillor for Galasa) had organised, to explain the situation regarding the Promar houses in Los Llanos. I expressed my gratitude to Sampo for taking this task on and hoped he could get a resolution to the problem.
He is basically at the early stage of organising an application to Galasa on behalf of all those who do not have mains water supply. He was suggesting applying for Certificates of Antiquity and then submitting a composite application to Galasa (together with much copies of documentation eg NIE Contracts etc) on behalf of all those wishing to go down this road.
Personally I think Sampos action is the most likely way to obtain mains water in the near future. I asked him if he wished me to collate details of anyone not here and able to register their desire to support this action and he said he would talk to me about it next week. However, in order that no one is missed out, if this affects you please let me know and I will forward your details to Sampo.

Still not seen or heard from Candido.

No comments:

Post a Comment